Sign-on Bonus: $1,000
Candidates for this position will be requiredto sign an authorization for OneAZ to conduct a credit and criminal backgroundcheck, pursuant to procedures in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and any otherapplicable laws. All candidates will be considered for thisposition on an individualized basis, in compliance with all applicable equalemployment opportunity laws.
SUMMARY Maintains a professional appearance and working knowledge of all products and services while representing the credit union. Communicates the benefits of all products and services to current and prospective business members, in order to develop and maintain long term relationships. Maintains a thorough knowledge of and compliance with, current credit union policies and procedures, as well as Federal and State rules and regulations. Enhances the growth and profitability of business loans, deposits and ancillary services. Provides input to the VP of Business Services on potential new products and/or trends in the industry. Demonstrates the ability to liaison between multiple credit union departments. Operates within the credit union’s prescribed credit authority and risk tolerance. Examines and evaluates preliminary credit requests and assesses credit quality. Prepares formal credit requests and authorizes or recommends approval of member applications for business loans by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently follows a program of conducting scheduled sales calls and site visits, documenting all calling activity in the client management system.
- Develops and manages a loan portfolio of credits with greater complexity, value and risk.
- Develops and manages a deposit portfolio to include selling and maintaining cash management relationships and merchant services.
- Consultatively interviews applicants and provides timely follow-up to answer questions, gather credit and financial information and obtain credit reports for loan requests.
- Seeks out and delivers results-oriented sales presentations to procure sales of business loan, deposit and ancillary services to credit union members and prospects.
- Prepares comprehensive analysis and underwriting of credit and financial risk in order to recommend appropriate loan structure and risk rating.
- Effectively represents the credit union’s interest in negotiating loan terms and conditions with borrowers.
- Provides documentation review of all loan documents for accuracy, prior to closing.
- Works effectively with branch staff and other departments for joint calling activity.
- Cross-sells all other credit union products and services, providing referrals to those respective areas as appropriate.
- Networks with Centers of Influence and participates in community involvement activities to perpetuate business development and promote the credit union brand.
- Adheres to all credit union policies and procedures at all times.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree, from four-year college or university, in finance or related field with 8+ years of experience in commercial lending. Treasury Management experience preferred. Proven ability in commercial lending including Commercial and Industrial lending, Equipment financing and Owner Occupied and Investment Commercial Real Estate lending.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA