SUMMARY Contact or locate members with delinquent accounts; attempts to secure payment and avoid potential loss by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Any individual who meets the definition of a mortgage loan originator and is employed by a federal agency-regulated institution will need to be registered on NMLS.
- Contact delinquent members, co members by telephone and mail to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist members in developing plans to bring accounts to a status; or mitigating losses when necessary.
- Obtain payment arrangements for past due or charged off loans, credit cards, share accounts, mortgages, lines of credit as needed to mitigate potential losses.
- Research member account and transaction activity information and become adept at utilizing those skills and skip tracing tools to contact members and resume collection activity or proceed to next steps.
- Update and note demographics and collection activity on accounts through delinquent loan recovery system.
- Obtain, summarize and update qualifying information to submit deferments and hardships for management approval.
- Submit recommendations to management for voluntary or involuntary Repossession approval and processing.
- Submit recommendations to management for settlement, legal action, or charge off when appropriate.
- Utilizes above mentioned collection strategies to successfully manage Resolve Rate for their own collection queue of accounts.
- Reviews accounts with management when exceptions and escalations are necessary, obtain direction how to handle or transferring call to management to service.
- Services inbound calls, ensure service level and abandoned call rate within department guidelines, goals.
- Maintain superior member service throughout each call while assisting in identifying and executing solutions for our members.
- Obtain proficiency in credit reporting knowledge.
- Obtain proficiency in Bankruptcy knowledge and its effects in our servicing member accounts without additional risk to the Credit Union.
- Developing an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months to two years related loan adjustment/collections experience.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA