Deposit Processing Support Specialist II
Deposit Processing Support Specialist II
Accountable and responsible for all aspects of deposit processing and member research. Provides professional service and guidance to members, branches, internal departments with routine to moderately complex inquiries. Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Responsible for daily processing and system tasks, completion of process requirements and reconcilements. Protects the confidentiality of all financial data related to Credit Union operations and its members. Independent judgement, initiative and accuracy required as well as an understanding of regulatory requirements and risk operations to minimize/eliminate potential loss to the Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Incoming Mail Processing
- Open and sort mail received from the US Postal Service, UPS, Federal Express and internal departments
- Post the transaction- loan payment/payoff, checking or savings deposit, General ledger, car dealer payoffs
- Balance the posted transactions to the core system
- Scan checks using the branch capture scanner
- Bundle and file daily work in the storage room
- Check destruction- Destroy processed checks after 60 days
Account Closure Requests
- Accurately process account closure requests to ensure core system Records reflect closed status
Verification of Deposit Requests
- Accurately and timely, complete financial records research
- Schedules and processes member account and profile maintenance requests which may include address, beneficiary changes and opening new share subaccounts
- Handle maintenance clean up reports monthly
- Prep, scan, index and verify various documents received from the retail branch. (Account cards, transaction forms, agreements)
- Perform document administration tasks to file, record retention, image and audit Credit Union documents
- Identify maintenance needed to repair exceptions discovered during quality audits
Check 21 Processing
- Open and close the processing day within capture software
- View, quality control and approve checks received thru Teller, Mobile, Merchant and At Home channels
- Upload the cash letter to the Federal Reserve Bank twice a day
- Balance the cash letter GL
- Assist branches with member inquiries regarding checks captured for incorrect amounts or initiate direct member contact
- Coordinate communication with IT department for system issues
- Support associates and members be responding to inquiries and requests received through the help desk.
- Audit new account cards by comparing data entry to the core system on a timely basis
- Adhere to the Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Ensure all required compliance information is provided
- Communicate to the branches on error corrections needed
- Review and process the reject report for the member by analyzing the share draft copy and member account for:
§ Late Pays/returns
§ Guaranteed Hold discrepancies
§ Official check and money order exceptions
- Balance the returns file to the core system reports and upload to processor.
- Process requests for stop payments.
- Complete the AM and PM balancing of the GL daily.
- Assist Accounting with researching GL discrepancies.
- Handle share draft fraud packets.
- Process Cash Management reverse positive pay requests.
- Assist Risk Management with stolen negotiable items and forgeries to mitigate loss.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Returned Deposited Checks
- FRB adjustments
- Collection/foreign checks
- Official check and money order stop payments
- VSA check refunds
- GL check deposits
- Phone queue
- Monitor help desk requests
- Assist with writing and updating departmental procedures
- Conduct testing as needed and participate and assist with annual business continuity testing
- Provide documentation and assist with preparation for credit union annual internal and external audits
- Tax reporting
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations ??
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED and at least 5 years’ experience with a working knowledge of banking operations and a proficiency in office equipment/software. An Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school is preferred and education may substitute for experience. Check certification required within 18 months of hire.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA