Director IT Support
Director IT Support
SUMMARY: Lead a specific tactical team of individuals for specific projects which will lead the organization to the next level of operational excellence. Manage and mentor the Special Projects, Technical Document Creation, Document Management and Business Continuity & Vendor Management teams. Coordinate amongst the other groups and other departments to assure that all goals and objectives are being met. Assist with implementation of new infrastructure projects, and manage the team in bringing new technologies from R&D into production use. Manage vendor & contract relationships. Create a corporate Business Continuity plan and conduct table-top exercises for Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity. Own and implement a capacity planning process that keeps our systems infrastructure ahead of our traffic growth.
The Director IT Support role will oversee the Information Technology’s Core banking system, BCP & Vendor Management, Technical Document, Document Imaging system, ATM and Special Projects Divisions, reporting to SVP, Chief Information Officer. The position will plan, lead, and manage the teams responsible for 24/7/365 management and operations of all OneAZ Credit Union’s collaboration services. The role will provide management, leadership, and governance to the IT division; establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinate managers and supervisors as appropriate. The core responsibilities encompass providing support for different divisions and branches of the credit union regarding system operation, application support, connectivity, remediation and general help. Some systems include the Core banking system, systems connectivity, telephony and video structure, email and other collaboration applications, security, and overall network system.
This position will also be accountable for the recurring operational budget of the IT department and support corporate strategy by ensuring stable and reliable delivery of these services. The ideal candidate will possess leadership and management skills in leading internal operational teams, contingent/contract workers, as well as relationship management and oversight on services rendered by strategic partners and service providers. The position requires a complete use of the Microsoft suite of products for all related issues. Responsible for working with vendors for timelines, toll gate and benchmarks, and SLA. Manages and mentors a dedicated team of Technical individuals to timely response.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Woring with CIO in order to implement next level technlogy products and processes for the credit union.
- Successfully manage large teams of 10 or more highly skilled individual contributors.
- Understand all aspects of IT components
- Be continuous improvement orientated and capable of driving efficiencies into an operational environment
- Lead contact and designer for Document Management System
- Develop corporate Business Continuity Plan.
- Conducts annual and semi-annual due-diligence of all IT vendors to insure compliance and standards.
- Successfully manage and serve internal and external associates and partners
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Handle escalations from the team as well as other internal customers.=
- Collaborate with engineering to prioritize customer found defects.
- Engage in new product development with the goal of preparing the support team for release as well as providing valuable feedback on supportability of the product.
- Identifies information system enhancements that will improve business and support future business need, and will meet departmental and regulatory standards.
- Participates in the development of the IT strategies and vision, and articulates them to team members and other associates.
- Coordinate annual DR testing and ensures all documentation is current and up-to-date.
- Develop, maintain and update a library of technical documentation.
- Champions the change management process in order to improve system availability and proper communication within IT and other areas of the organization.
- Patcipates in internal audits such as security and hardware vulnerability and addresses deficiencies discovered during the audit processes to assure quality, integrity, and security within the systems.
- Responsible for vendor contacts, requests for proposals, vendor selection, security evaluations as well as conducts specific contract monitoring.
- Assists departmental management with development of systems standards, short and long term goals, project management, and strategic directions.
- Provides continuing efforts and responsibility for quality assurance in the areas of systems security, integrity, hardware vulnerability and availability of computer devices owned by or connecting to the OneAZ Credit Union Network.
- Maintains enterprise IT security policy, standards, and procedures. Champions and promotes information security and privacy standards, policies and procedures; ensuring that these policies & procedures are understood, implemented and complied with across all business units.
- Participates in the IT budget and PMO process.
- Coordiates and completes other duties as assigned.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations.
- Implement and maintain best operational practices.
- Manage a staff of up to 10 exempt and non-exempt personnel
- Fulfill reporting functions including performance, availability and Service Level Agreement compliance reports.
- Maintain a service oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution.
- Coordinate personnel assignments and time-off requests.
- Monitor and manage system compliance with established policies & procedures.
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years recent experience in managing operations
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding of network operations
- Project management experience
- Vendor service management experience a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Driven to further developing and integrating enterprise business processes with technology.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who understands operations and technology best practices, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Proven leadership and track record driving operations to improved performance.
- Experience with performance tuning and monitoring tools
- Familiarity with network protocols, and operating system configuration.
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS, and directory services. Proven experience with systems planning, security principals, and general software management best practices.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA