Director Mortgage Loan Fulfillment
Director Mortgage Loan Fulfillment
SUMMARY: Responsible for residential loan operations which includes assisting in developing and administering loan programs, supervising the review of loans for approval, developing policies and procedures to meet regulatory and investor requirements, coordinating all system and software issues pertinent to Real Estate lending, and coordinating the training of lending personnel. Must be strong team player and is directly responsible for successfully managing mortgage and retail branch loan origination relationships. Additional responsibilities include . Strong experience in successfully managing real estate pipeline into forward sale hedged positons to GSEs. May also assist Credit Administration on commercial lending underwriting and servicing activities. Must have a thorough knowledge of credit union operating procedures, the ability to liaison between multiple credit union departments, be responsive to senior management requirements, and operate to prescribed budget. This manager must be highly associate and member-focused, while insuring that supervised associates consistently provide high levels of member service. Any individual who meets the definition of a mortgage loan originator and is employed by a federal agency-regulated institution will need to be registered on NMLS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates and provides leadership, supervision, and associate development for Mortgage Leadership Team
- Directs loan operations process from loan entry through secondary deliver and/or servicing.
- Directly manage fulfillment managers, pull-thru standards, and member and associate experience scores.
- Oversees all compliance regulations to include TRID.
- Assures underwriting practices conform to credit risk strategy
- Implements operational process enhancements
- Design and implement workflows to streamline productivity to exceed industry benchmarks and efficiency while maintaining quality
- Assures excellent member experience scores and standards are meet or exceeded at all times
- Provide underwriting support for elevated loan requests
- Approve all loan file exception requests
- Work directly with LOS team to implement changes, test new products, review details of system enhancements and product launches
- Identify loan level defects, train and coach as appropriate
- Oversee/manage relationship with secondary marketing vendor
- Review sold loans report and monitor gain on sale
- Onboard new vendors and manage annual reviews
- Approve loan pricing exceptions
- Work with product sales on all new initiatives
- Active role in onboarding of new investor relationships
- Manage sub-servicer relationship
- Directly manage operations team to ensure pipeline movement
- Administer secondary market and lock desk duties that aid in sale and loan purchase
- Has thorough knowledge of applicable credit union rules, regulations and laws effecting residential lending, commercial lending, consumer lending, and unsecured credit products. Working knowledge of bankruptcy, repossessions, and loan fraud.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
BA/BS degree required; or six to eight years residential real estate management experience, within the credit union industry, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five + years experience leading teams/others responsible for large volumes of detail. Thorough knowledge of all credit union, state and federal laws regarding lending, personnel and funds management. Proven ability to recognize and encourage the importance of associates and department functioning within the larger scope of company-wide policies, products and data processing procedures.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA