HR Business Partner - Phoenix, AZ
HR Business Partner - Phoenix, AZ
Working under the direct supervision of the Vice President HR, this role is responsible for supporting businesslines by providing a range of HR functions. In addition to directly supporting HR initiatives as a core HR teammember, the HR Business Partner serves as a key contact, advisor, relationshipmanager, and support resource for business areas’ employee relations, organizationalstructure and design, practices and procedures, operational processes, compensationapproaches, and related matters of human capital strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES includethe following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides employee relations consulting and guidance to associates and leadership. Creates, advises, and/or reviews related documentation, as appropriate.
- Partner with leadership in optimizing associate engagement, retention, productivity, and individual and team performance.
- Manages and maintains related HR databases, information systems, web pages, and other platforms.
- Leads and/or collaborates internal investigations, in conjunction with other internal risk management function(s).
- Engages with legal counsel, consultants, vendors, and other external parties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of, and monitors trends in, employment laws and regulations.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of HR and company policies and procedures. Advises associates and leadership on policies, procedures, and practices.
- Oversees information systems related to performance management, and other relevant software applications.
Assists in conducting new hire and new leader orientation and on-boarding, as directed.
- Partners with HR and other teams in analyzing metrics, data, and root-causes in developing recommendations for business areas and operations.
- Fosters positive, effective working relationships and an inclusive work environment.
- Apprises HR team of business area matters that impact HR operations and planning.
- Assists with coordination of restructurings.
- Processes unemployment claims and participates in hearings, as appropriate.
- Supports and participates in company activities and functions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Understands company products, services, philosophy, organization, bylaws, operational procedures, and compliance requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC, and applicable state and federal laws and financial institution regulations.
To perform this job successfully,an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field; 5 years’ experience in HR, including as an HR business partner supporting employee relations; or the equivalent combination of training, education, and related experience.
- Outstanding skills in consulting, coaching, facilitation, and collaboration, with all levels of an organization.
- Advanced knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or law.
- Preference given to candidates who have obtained a professional HR certification from a nationally-recognized industry association.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational, and planning/implementation skills.
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret varied data and information.
- Highly adept at workload and project coordination/management.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office or other standard office and/or other business software.
- Proficiency with talent and/or performance management software.
- Skills in database management and recordkeeping.
- Proficiency in internet and computer use.
- Evidence of practicing a high level of confidentiality with information.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA