Internal Auditor I
Internal Auditor I
SUMMARY Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager, The Auditor I will assist in the execution and delivery of various corporate audits. The individual will evaluate processes and internal controls for adherence to credit union policies and procedures, compliance with federal and state banking regulations, and for risk to the overall organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work under the direction of the Audit Manager which can include individual or multiple audit assignments and/or projects;
- Develops and maintains relationships with the Company’s staff and management as well as external auditors through periodic and effective communication to facilitate proactive assessment of the Company’s risk profile.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Examines department/branch activities for compliance with management plans and policies.
- Reviews accounting systems and related accounting controls to ensure the integrity and propriety of financial information.
- Assesses the proper accountability of assets by conducting inventories and related audit procedures.
- Reviews records pertaining to staff and material assets, such as equipment and buildings, to determine degree to which they are utilized.
- Prepares and submits audit findings and makes recommendations to management.
- Assist with comprehensive risk assessments and control matrices/audit programs for assigned audits;
- Maintain audit software (TeamMate) to provide a well-documented and organized audit program and audit work papers,
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; 1-2 years related auditing experience within a financial institution. CPA or CIA a plus.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA