Internal Auditor II
Internal Auditor II
Candidates for this position will be requiredto sign an authorization for OneAZ to conduct a credit and criminal backgroundcheck, pursuant to procedures in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and any otherapplicable laws. All candidates will be considered for thisposition on an individualized basis, in compliance with all applicable equalemployment opportunity laws
SUMMARY The Internal Audit Department of OneAZ independently and objectively evaluates the operations of the organization as a service to management and the Supervisory Committee. Internal Audit performs assurance and consulting activities designed to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls; mitigate risk: promote strong governance; add value; and improve OneAZ’ operations. All members of Internal Audit shall adhere to the highest ethical standards, as proscribed by OneAZ’s policies, as well as IIA standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and executing operational audits in accordance with International Professional Practices Framework established for internal auditors to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization's operations.
- Develops audit scope, objective, methodology and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives. Authority to modify audit approach when necessary.
- Performs detailed audit projects independently with the objective of obtaining a reasonable assurance as to the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Reviews internal controls, policies and procedures, investigating documents, records, accounts, operations, and transactions. Establishes reasonable accurate timelines for work, focuses team to meet timelines and budget.
- Empowered to work with management to identify business objectives and determine which processes are key in meeting those objectives. Performs in-depth analysis of key control points and designs procedures to test controls. Authority to determine which situations are reportable and which can be addressed within business unit without escalation to management.
- Prepare working papers to document and support the audit objectives, scope, and methodology used in reaching conclusions on the credit union functions being audited. Develop recommendations for changes to processes and systems that will minimize risk, improve performance and productivity and ensure that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards. Present audit reports of findings, recommendations and responses.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations, analytical skills, and professional certifications to provide objective, independent assurance and professional advice to all levels of management.
- Makes oral/written presentations in a pertinent, concise and accurate manner to Management during and at the conclusion of an audit, expressing opinions, discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action, and suggesting improvements in operations and reductions in cost.
- Must meet all mandatory annual training requirements as specifically applicable to this position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting; 4+ years related auditing experience within a financial institution. CPA or CIA a plus.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA