Investigator- Phoenix, AZ
*ACTIVELY HIRING DURING COVID-19*
Our ideal candidate:
- Has an analytical mindset
- Is comfortable working under the direction of the Investigations/Security Manager
- Has experience with monitoring account activity and performing transactional analysis to reduce fraud risk
- Knows how to investigate cases of external fraud including but not limited to identity theft, card fraud, fraudulent checks, and various loan related fraud
Why join the OneAZ team?
Our culture is one-of-a-kind! You’ll be joining a team of friendly, hardworking, helpful associates with the same mission guiding all that we do: We exist to improve the lives of our members, our associates and the communities we serve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer robust benefits including low-cost medical, dental and vision plans, gym reimbursement, paid parental leave, generous personal days and vacation time, and an award-winning 401(k) program among many others.
Take a look at our career page for detailed benefit information: www.jobs.oneazcu.com
A typical day might include the following:
- Utilizes thorough knowledge of credit union products and services applicable to investigations, loss prevention and security in order to identify key issues and propose solutions
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements related to Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs); makes accurate decisions about reportability of investigations
- Gathers information from internal and external sources for the identification of high risk accounts/transactions
- Monitors account activity and performs transactional analysis to detect and prevent possible fraud
- Maintains relationships with peers, law enforcement and regulatory bodies to stay current on fraud, security and loss prevention issues affecting credit unions
- Gathers material evidence for investigations from internal sources, as well as from other financial institutions and law enforcement in a timely manner
- Completes external investigations, including interviews of suspects and witnesses, in a timely, organized, and concise manner with detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Provides solutions or makes recommendations for improving control environments and reducing fraud risks
- Evaluates referrals of suspected fraud from Credit Union branches and departments for further investigation
- Consults with Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies regarding fraud cases. Compiles detailed reports on fraud cases and files reports with law enforcement to enhance prosecution of offenders and recovery of assets
- Provides phone support for business areas related to fraud, suspicious activity, and workplace safety matters
- Testifies at court trials of offenders to increase chances of effective prosecution
- Develops an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Two to four years related investigations/security experience within a financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or a related field of study preferred
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA