Loan Officer- Phoenix, AZ
*ACTIVELY HIRING DURING COVID-19*
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
$5,000 AWARD AFTER REACHING 1 YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT WITH US
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a skilled ambassador within the community on behalf of OneAZ Credit Union
- Assist members with their mortgage needs by taking inbound calls, emails, or referrals, and conducting outbound calls
- Conduct thorough and professional phone interviews, exceeding member expectations and delivering a high-quality experience
- Effectively respond to inbound mortgage channels to originate mortgage loans, following up in a timely manner, working within a fast-paced environment
- Proactively contact external business partners and potential members by conducting outbound calls to generate new business
Why join the OneAZ team?
Our culture is one-of-a-kind! You’ll be joining a team of friendly, hardworking, helpful associates with the same mission guiding all that we do: We exist to improve the lives of our members, our associates, and the communities we serve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer robust benefits including low-cost medical, dental and vision plans, gym reimbursement, paid parental leave, generous personal days, and vacation time, and an award-winning 401(k) program among many others.
Look at our career page for detailed benefit information: www.jobs.oneazcu.com
A typical day might include the following:
- Delivers a quality, professional, and thorough experience through telephone and email channels
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan application. Requests property appraisals, applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant's evaluation
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to establishment standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms
- Required to accurately use multiple computer programs in completing work, including Mortgage Cadence, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Windows, HMDA Reporting, and other computer programs as required
- Adheres to all internal policies and federal regulations regarding origination of mortgage loan and applicable deadlines
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for residential real estate loans
- Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations
- Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to member requirements
- Actively participates in scheduled call nights, call blocks, to conduct outbound calls to centers of influence, new members, and potential members
- Completes regular educational and compliance courses to stay abreast of internal and industry changes
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum two years residential lending experience
- Thorough knowledge in loan origination and closing requirements for conventional, construction, and non-conforming portfolio loan programs
Bonus points: If you have experience with credit union loan products.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA