Mortgage Processing Supervisor- Phoenix, AZ
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
$5,000 AWARD AFTER REACHING 1 YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT WITH US
Our Ideal Candidate: Is responsible for monitoring the mortgage loan processing pipeline, supervising the mortgage processing Team and assuring consistent quality of production, the Mortgage Processing Supervisor is responsible for the day- to-day management of the department workflow. These responsibilities include monitoring and supervising the processors to meet the Service Level Agreements (SLA) which include, but is not limited to, Member contact calls, turnaround times and processing metrics. Additional tasks include quality reviews of mortgage loan handling; providing leadership and mentoring with one on one coaching; and individual development. Will assist in reviews of mortgage loans for approval and in the training of mortgage processing personnel. Responsible for maintaining a pipeline of mortgage loans in processing for associate loans and other loans depending on department need.
Must have a thorough knowledge of mortgage processing, credit union operating procedures, the ability to liaison between multiple credit union departments, and be responsive to senior management requirements. This supervisor must be highly member-focused, while ensuring that supervised personnel consistently provide high levels of member service.
Why join the OneAZ team?
Our culture is one-of-a-kind! You’ll be joining a team of friendly, hardworking, helpful associates with the same mission guiding all that we do: We exist to improve the lives of our members, our associates and the communities we serve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer robust benefits including low-cost medical, dental and vision plans, gym reimbursement, paid parental leave, generous personal days and vacation time, and an award-winning 401(k) program among many others. Take a look at our career page for detailed benefit information: www.jobs.oneazcu.com
- Supervises the day-to-day duties of mortgage processing. Ensures that personnel are properly trained and will recommend measures to improve performance and increase efficiency.
- Responsible for short- and long-term department planning as it relates to the overall goals and objectives of the credit union. This includes development of procedures, facilitation of new product introductions, and employee training.
- Responsible for meeting department, credit union and government-regulated audit and compliance requirements including pipeline reports, loan submission and approval on the Loan Origination System, HMDA reports, and applicable regulations achieved through audit reviews.
- Review reports on department productivity and service level agreements and recommend to management changes to improve efficiency and quality.
- Be available to processors for general guideline interpretations and questions regarding procedures or specific loan files.
- Employs, counsels, and disciplines assigned personnel. Ensures that appropriate documentation is maintained. Evaluate personnel work performance by preparing annual reviews. Assists in guiding personnel to achieve their goals.
- Assist, as requested, in training processors, loan officers and others involved in the mortgage business line
- Validate accuracy of all income, loan-to-value, and other calculations; requesting all necessary documentation to complete the process of a mortgage loan for submission or resubmission to AUS. Communicate the loan decision to the members and any other appropriate party in the loan.
- Analyzes applicant’s financial status, background checks, reference checks, credit reports, property evaluation and property appraisals to assist in determining feasibility of granting loan, when needed.
- Provide compliance with investors on all conventional and special loans offered by the Credit Union.
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage programs offered by the Credit Union. Investors, including but not limited to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Thorough knowledge of all federal and state regulations governing credit union lending. Particular emphasis on rules and regulations governing real property lending on first mortgage loans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree; five to eight years residential mortgage lending experience; two to four years management/broker experience. Construction lending experience is preferred.
Candidates forthis position will be required to sign an authorization for OneAZ to conduct acredit and criminal background check, pursuant to procedures in the Fair CreditReporting Act and any other applicable laws.
All candidateswill be considered for this position on an individualized basis, in compliancewith all applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
Ensurescompliance with applicable policies, laws, and regulations, including the BankSecrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, USA Patriot Act, andOffice of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Any individual who meets the definition of a mortgage loanoriginator and is employed by a federal agency-regulated institution will needto be registered on NMLS.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA