Mortgage Servicing Specialist III
Mortgage Servicing Specialist III
SUMMARY: Responsible for Leading and support of the Mortgage Servicing team; ensures accurate and timely servicing of the C.U. portfolio loans; oversees the production of loan documentation relating to onboarding, servicing and closing of all mortgage and equity loans; ensures loans and agreements comply with state and federal laws, regulations and Bank lending policies and procedures; ensures department activities run smoothly and efficiently; provides leadership, training and supervision within the department; and provides a high level of customer relations and service. The position of Mortgage Servicer Lead performs direct support duties of department staff, coordinates staff for coverage for Mortgage Servicing in all related areas of the department, and is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of OneAZ Credit Union portfolio loans, construction loans, escrow holdback products, conventional, and home equity loan programs as well as servicing these loans. Will also support and service loans serviced by our third-party servicer for Fannie Mae Sold loans including wholesale and correspondent relationships. Monitor Arm loan changes and adjustments/notices including balloon loans. Assist in training of servicing positions and creation of policy and procedures as needed. Works directly with Manager to resolve issues for member mortgage loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as team Lead to oversee and assist with duties below.
- Work with the export of data and completion of HMDA Quarterly review. Including annual report to be presented to the board and sent directly to VP direct report.
- Assist in training of Servicing positions and creation of policy and procedures as needed
- Process and efficiency improvements to be created and implemented
- Work with Closing/Post-closing as necessary for loan resolutions.
- Works with Closing/Post closing Supervisor for document and program changes
- Assists with calls for members including research and problem resolution.
- Work with Origination for referral programs and refunds and application deposit transactions
- Onboarding and exporting of new funded loans to core or third party vendor
- Support of correspondent loan purchase process and validation of purchase advice
- Work with additional Wholesale relationships for sale of Jumbo loans
- Assists construction servicing including draw approvals.
- Reviews weekly reports for Hazard insurance premium payments including working with CPI vendor.
- Reviews semi annual reports for Payment of Property taxes including delinquency letters.
- Assist Servicing Manager with Arizona annual escrow analysis requirements and incoming shortage payments.
- Develops working knowledge of department GL’s account balancing in accordance with established department procedures including communication and balancing to accounting
- Process daily payments to be wired to sub-servicer including pulling reports from On-base, formatting excel reports and balance.
- Assist with Escrow holdback loans and servicing disbursement payments.
- Work directly with Mortgage Servicing Manager on servicing projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assist and back-up for release of deeds of trust and trailing recorded docs to be received.
- Assist with submission of FNMA loans for purchase and data extract to Servicer.
- Act as a backup for the quoting and processing of payoffs
- Work with re-amortization and partial release requests
- Review for subordinations internally and externally.
- Assist in the implementation of Core conversion changes and processes
- Work with all third-party vendors in establishing interfacing process’s
- Work with IT on system changes effecting mortgage servicing
- Work with processes for Correspondent and Wholesale relationships
- Annual vendor updates
- BCP updates and procedure changes
- AZ info source mortgage servicing updates
- Assist in back up for secondary marketing as needed
- Assist and act as a backup for insurance claims.
- Core report and data change reviews and updates with IT
Education and/or Experience
7-10 years’ financial industry experience; 6-years mortgage experience preferred 2-year college degree or completion of specialized course of study; 3 years related experience. Minimum of 3 years’ Supervisory experience needed. Thorough knowledge of Mortgage Loan Servicing and lending practices. Knowledge of and Mortgage Closing/funding a plus. Knowledge of Arizona county recording requirements. Understanding of Arizona escrow analysis requirements.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA