Sr. Systems Support Specialist
Sr. Systems Support Specialist
SUMMARY Provides product and technical support of the Spectrum system and associated subsystems and 3rd party applications. Participates in product development effort and serves as an active team member on credit union projects led by the Project Managers. Serves as an escalation point for Technical Support and System Analyst I / II and provides support when needed for nightly/monthly processing and major system upgrades. Provides on-call support during weekends and as needed for Spectrum systems and associated subsystems and 3rd party applications.
Responsible for planning, engineering, supporting and implementing a standardized virtualized environment and the backup system. This includes Windows and Unix/Linux systems, network devices and storage systems in terms of proper functioning, upgrading, troubleshooting, configuration monitoring, and security settings, as well as ensuring the integrity of the backup data and replication. This may require supporting the day-to-day operations of an enterprise data center environment. This candidate will also be responsible for researching new technologies related to virtualization, replication, de-duplication, high availability and assessing their impact on the infrastructure. The candidate must possess strong verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and be able to work in a fast paced team environment. Experience with Compellent SANs, VMWare Virtualization as well as Veeam backup is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collects information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Configures, troubleshoots, maintains and upgrades Spectrum system, associated subsystems and various 3rd party applications.
- Prepares detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Conducts technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements products and systems upgrades as needed and new credit union products.
- Assists in final testing of new credit union products, various projects and major system releases.
- Assists Tech Support / System Analyst I / System Analyst II with escalated problems and provides training where needed.
- Analyzes, creates and maintains production schedules through UC4 scheduling system.
- Ensures all work performed in IT Operations is fully documented, analyzed and properly maintained.
- Selects among authorized procedures and seeks assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Analyzes and evaluates present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Performs annual disaster recovery testing and analyzes the final results.
- Communicates with vendors and project managers regarding software/hardware issues and follows-up to make sure the "hot" fixes are received and tested timely and properly.
- Analyzes and solves end-user problems that appear to arise from the use of the product.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and database records.
- Monitors system activity and corrects any problems that may occur.
- Responsible for system security and maintenance of user system access.
- Plans, coordinates and implements the setup of new credit union products.
- Performs routine system audits and system performance tuning.
- Provides suggestions to management concerning cost savings and potential system changes in order to increase efficiency of identified systems. Assists in preparing of cost-benefit analyses for proposed systems.
- Reviews computer system capabilities and workflow limitations to determine if requested program or program changes are possible within the system.
- Studies existing systems and/or applications to evaluate effectiveness and develops new procedures to improve production or workflow as required.
- Develops new scripts/programs, creates test transactions and validates the results.
- Responsible for representing IT Operations on strategic projects and reporting back to management.
- Responsible for department projects and reporting to management. Including development of project plans specifying goals, strategy, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, allocation of available resources and implementation.
- Strategize and correct the SAN replication between sites.
- Full responsibility for health and growth of existing VMWare Environment.
- Provide feedback regarding health and capacity of the SAN, Virtual Network system and all connected devices.
- Update the SAN and Virtual Environment to the latest version of the software (vSphere.)
- Manage the backup system and ensure integrity of the data, de-duplication methods and replication of the data to multiple sites
- Document changes and follow change control management procedures.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and engineering of application migrations from a mixed technology environment
- To be available and provide 24/7 support as needed.
- Actively participate in performance and high-availability meetings.
- Ensure that all hardware, servers, network devices, cross-connections, and upstream ISP communication systems function properly, reliably, and securely.
- Ensure all hardware and software issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide ownership mentality for all equipment and make every effort to ensure the health of the network.
- Assist Network Administrators and helpdesk engineers with escalated tickets
- Ensure that all designated systems have the necessary security patches and upgrades
- Ensure standard backup procedures are functioning properly on a daily basis for all systems containing corporate and customer data.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies based on detailed business requirements provided by team members.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations.
Education and/or Experience
Must have B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study and five years related experience and/or training in computer science, information systems, business administration, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have basic certification or have attended workshops for VMWare & SAN setup. Current, enterprise-class experience designing and implementing highly available infrastructure solutions using VMware Virtual Infrastructure 4 and 5 (ESX, Virtual Center/VCenter, VMotion, HA, DRS) and experiences SAN skills on Compellent.. Comprehensive experience with Veeam enterprise backup, de-duplication and high availability replication. Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, Microsoft Technologies. Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools. Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with systems running Unix (HPUX), Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and Microsoft platforms (Windows Server). Experience with shared storage solutions. Previous experience in financial industry preferred.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA