Support Information Specialist II - North Phoenix, AZ
Support Information Specialist II - North Phoenix, AZ
Provide professional service and guidance to members, branches and internal departments with routine to moderately complex inquiries. Protects confidentiality of all financial data related to Credit Union operations and its members. May act as the department liaison with other business units to assist in facilitation of special projects and/or in the resolution of business related system issues. Independent judgment, initiative and accuracy required as well as an understanding of regulatory requirements and risk operations to minimize/eliminate potential loss to the Credit Union. Advocates for the user and assists in design of work processes, documents instructions, and job aids. Able to perform duties independently with minimal managerial oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides operational guidance to associates with credit union policy and procedures on consumer and business accounts, knowledge management systems, and marketing promotions by responding to inquiries and requests through the phone queue and online help desks. Uses judgment to help associates determine best resolutions to inquiries.
- Supports members by responding to inquiries and requests through the phone queue, e-mail, fax requests and online help desks.
- Assists users (members and associates) by providing information and guidance on completing IRA transactions and forms.
- Aids CU associates in the performance of their jobs by assisting in the understanding, interpretation, and application of CU policies, procedures, processes, and systems. Serves as resource to help other associates learn how to use tools and information to complete tasks and assignments
- Assists with the IRA account administration. This includes the process to maintain member IRA information and transactions by performing the following tasks in an accurate and timely manner:
- Review and approve/deny pending IRA branch transactions in the IRAdirect Approvers Queue Process and track error corrections on Ascensus and Summit/DNA systems.
- Review, balance and disburse bi-monthly Required Minimum Distributions on IRA accounts.
- Process IRA account death claims and beneficiary payouts.
- Approve new IRA users and reset user passwords.
- Review of tax reporting documents.
- Balancing of IRA federal tax withholding reports from Ascensus, IT and Accounting departments.
- Annual IRA escheatment process.
- Daily processing of IRA transactions processed through credit union Retirement Central online member channel.
- Daily processing of IRA transactions received through mail including contributions, withdrawals, and transfers out.
- Performs quality control review of all IRA transaction forms processed by branch associates.
- Develop and use relationship with Ascensus to gain assistance in resolving retirement account issues. Serve as liaison between CU and Ascensus for IRA Direct.
- Provide assistance and information to members and associates to process death claims.
- Work with account beneficiaries, attorneys, personal representatives of estates, and successor trustees in completing death claim paperwork and pay outs.
- Accurately and consistently maintains files and tracks pending death claims.
- Reliably and quickly identifies problems and escalates, as appropriate. Follow through to resolution.
Legal Document Review, Audit, and Quality Control
- Reviews legal documents submitted from branch associates and departments for acceptance. Documents include, but are not limited to
- Power of Attorneys
- Irrevocable trusts
- Death claims
- Representative Payee/ Veteran Payee
- IRA Investments Opened Under Trusts
- Business documents
- Performs or oversees quality control and audit tasks on the legal documents accepted on deposit accounts.
- Professionally and appropriately communicates and escalates exceptions found in audits to resolve in a timely manner.
- Liaison with Education and Training on FSR and/or Teller Training.
- Functions as subject matter expert in the specialty areas of IRA, death claims, compliance, legal accounts, business accounts, and the review of related documents (court orders, POA, trusts etc.).
- Assists in design and implementation of quality control processes and testing.
- Reviews and edits procedures and documents produced by Technical Writers.
- Makes recommendations and designs documents, job aids, instructions, etc.
- Uses knowledge and experience to analyze department data to identify trends and opportunities. Makes recommendations to effectively address these opportunities.
- Applies knowledge and experience in testing of new processes and system upgrades.
- Performs document administration and management tasks to file, safe keep, image, and audit CU documents. Identifies and completes maintenance needed to repair exceptions discovered during quality audits.
- Schedules work and efficiently reviews documents for scanning and indexing, and verifies various documents including legal documents, IRA forms, death claims, etc.
- Has good general knowledge of banking principles and completes classes and courses, reads business journals and newsletters, and maintains network of contacts to uphold knowledge and expertise in various areas of focus.
- Tests, edits, and makes recommendations on documents produced by Technical Writing Team
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree, Certified IRA Specialist or equivalent; or one to three years related experience; or ability to obtain certifications within 24 months of employment; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a financial institution environment.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA